Different types of dried fig are very high in nutritional value and they are a great source for Protein, Fiber, Vitamins and minerals such as Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and etc. Some researchers believe that figs have antioxidant, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, fat-lowering and cell-protective traits. Dried fig varieties can be soaked in ½ cup of water overnight and you can consume it the day after. If you eat dried fig varieties with an empty stomach, it can help you to lose weight.
Different types of dried figs have the following benefits for your health:
1. They help Diabetes and glucose control.
2. They enhance skin health.
3. Great for digestive disorders
4. They enhance hair health.
5. Great for special dietaries.
There are several types of Iranian dried fig such as:
1. Dried Fig Parak
The nutritional value of dried fig Parak is significantly high. Parak dried figs are fully blossomed and open mouth dried figs and they have a naturally sweet taste. Therefore, it’s one of the most expensive and luxurious type of dried figs in Iran. Figs have a natural sweet taste. In case of storing in a cool, dry and clean place and away from direct sunlight, shelf life can be up to 18 months from production time.
2. Open mouth dried fig
The color of open mouth dried fig is white color or slightly yellow. This type is one of the most exclusive and expensive Different types of dried fig among all. However, dried open mouth fig price differs depending on the quality of the fig you buy.
We can divide Iran open mouth fig into different size and name categories based on their size:
• 101, AAA: over 23mm in size, completely open mouth, white or light-yellow color
• 101, AA: same as 101 AAA by size between 21-23mm
• 101, A: same as 101 AAA by size between 18-20mm
• 101, Parak: the mouth is completely open, limited in quantity, luxury and expensive
3. Close mouth dried fig
We can categorize Iran close mouth dried fig into categories based on their size:
• Type A: size 18-21mm, the premium quality is dedicated to white or yellow, price will decrease in the darker colors
• Type AA: size 21-23mm, the premium quality is dedicated to white or yellow, price will decrease in the darker colors
• Type AAA: size larger than 23mm, the premium quality is dedicated to white or yellow, price will decrease in the darker colors
Persian close mouth dried fig is probably the most favorable type for exportation. the color of this type of dried fig is darker compared to other types and it is almost brown.
100 grams of close mouth dried fig has 250 kcal, 3.1g Protein, 54g Carbohydrates, 165mg Calcium, 9.8g Fiber.
4. Mixed of open and close mouth
Persian mixed of open and closed mouth is basically a mix of high quality open and closed mouth dried figs. We can categorize Iranian mixed of open and closed mouth into 3 categories based on their size:
• Type A: 18-21mm
• Type AA: 21-23mm
• Type AAA: size over 23mm
If you are looking to buy the best dried figs, you can get the necessary information in Where to buy dried figs? article.
A brief summery
If you are starting a healthy lifestyle and you want to boost your energy level in your daily meals by consuming a superfood, different types of dried figs can be the perfect choice for you. Figs are very high in nutritional value and they are a great source for Protein, Fiber, Vitamins and minerals such as Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and etc. Don’t miss out on this nutritious dried fruit and add it to your daily consumption list.