Iranian nuts are delicious and full of energy. They are also loaded with Vitamins, Minerals, protein, fiber and antioxidants. Iranian raw nuts can be preserved in an airtight container in a cool dark place for six to 12 months. Most shelled nuts retain quality for about 4 to 6 months at room temperature. However, in-shell nuts keep for a couple of extra months longer, around 6 to 9 months.
Although, there are certain ways that you can preserve large amounts of nuts for a longer time.
If you want to preserve nuts for a longer time and enjoy these nutritious superfoods, you are on the right website. In this article we explain different ways that you can preserve nuts. Keep on reading to find out more.
Tips for storing nuts
- Some believe that nuts should not be stored in the freezer or fridge. Contrary to that belief, freezer and fridge are the best places for preserving nuts. Nuts contain large amounts of unsaturated fat which is a type of oil that makes nuts highly prone to going rancid. Oxygen, light and heat are the factors that can further this cause. By storing iranian nuts in the freezer, you can extent the shelf life of nuts. According to some resources, you can keep nuts in the freezer or fridge for more than 2 years.
- In-shell nuts can last longer than shelled nuts. According to studies, a bag of opened shelled nuts should last an entire year, and in-shell nuts should last about a year and a half.
- When nuts go rancid, you will understand by smelling them.
- To preserve the quality of your nuts for a longer time, keep them away from high-odor foods and products like garlic and onions.
- Keep the nuts in a sealed and airtight container. It is recommended to freeze nuts in -10 ° Celsius to -30° Celsius. Oxygen has a deteriorative effect on dried fruits. To avoid Oxygen as much as possible, it’s recommended to keep the goods in an airtight container. An airtight container keeps the moisture away and keeps the bacteria to a minimum.
- Direct sunlight can damage the product and dark places can be effective in increasing the shelf life. Keep the sealed container in a freezer or fridge. If that is not your choice, keep it away from direct sunlight in a dark place.
If you want to know about Iranian pistachio production, read Iranian date paste Recipes, tasteful and quick article.
If you are starting a healthy lifestyle and you need a superfood in your diet, Persian nuts can be the perfect choice for you. If you are looking for high quality Persian nuts online, you can check out Kourosh foods website as the best nuts supplier and producer of all kind of Iranian nuts and dried fruits. Preserve the nuts the right way and enjoy them for longer.